2.12.2004

while the gabe's away...

Three hellacious days of moving things, switching sofas from one home to another and sending my sofa to yet another home... needless to say, it's been a draining, exhausting, muscle-aching experience. However. The good news is, Heather and the girls now have *everything* at our new apartment (and never mind that it's been four months, eh?), and there's no more ties to the old house.

The bad news is, while trying to yank a half-drained waterbed mattress out for disposal, we managed to tilt the entire bedframe until it broke, landing squarely on my poor, thin, pasty ankle. I now have a bruise and scrape covering my entire left ankle, and a limp that makes me look like Igor.

The good news is, having the sore ankle has allowed me to utilize a leftover Darvocet, coupled with a couple glasses of [yellow tail] merlot.

What does that have to do with s1ngularity::criticism?

Not much, beyond explaining why I haven't posted in a few days. And the outgrowth of the moving and all means that as I 'rest up' the ankle, I'm finally delving into Peter Straub's most excellent novel lost boy lost girl, which I will have some choice words about....

discuss this post at our messageboard