8.05.2005

Ishiguro review up

My mind's image of the Kazuo Ishiguro review before I wrote it was going to be wonderful. I'm not sure how I feel about it. A year from now I'd have come up with a great way of structuring and phrasing it all, but then I'd be as untimely as ever. I rewrote it somewhat--revised from its original publication on August 1--but never did go into the process of applying and discarding different interpretative models. Some folks will be happy about that, but I believe books worth reading are worth discussing; therefore, a good review has something to say about the final product without spoiling the plot's unraveling.

Hopefully, the review's worth reading whether you've read the book or not.

It's published at SF Site (there's a kind of sad irony that a Xena advertisement shows up next to Ishiguro).